Sunday, October 28, 2007

Send Me On My Way

Well, its that time. Sometime in the next few hours (I hate coffee...) I'll be on the way to a great adventure. I hoped I packed everything - It was difficult to pack around my collection of lucky lead weights and the 5lb bags of flour I brought for cooking. In any event - I'm ready. My bags ARE on the heavy side, but hopefully I'll slip under the radar. Its a good thing I have my grandfather's beautiful blue eyes. (Note to self: Be sure to give those back upon returning...) Let's hope my inherited sex appeal wins over the airport security.

FYI - They told us to expect to not have contact until roughly November 3rd. Please refer to here for all Nick / Nick-Africa related events. Any news can be found here first, so please stop annoying my parents. They are dealing with enough stress as it is, as they transform my old room into the Pet/Ironing/ Sewing/Weightlifting/Workshop/Firing Range/Greenhouse room.

One of my favorite professors from Gettysburg College recently told me, "Life is all about collecting good stories."


Armed with all the needed items, I'm waiting for my real life to begin.

I'm ready to go.

1 comment:

Karen said...

That picture makes me smile. Miss you already. :-)