Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Beautiful World

My, My, My, Its a Beautiful World.

Sorry to all those that have been checking for updates - the last two weeks have been somewhat of a blur. Let's explore.

I've traveled (with beautiful weather,) from state to state basically seeing all those I really needed to see before I depart this continent. From Pennsylvania, to Jersey, to South Carolina, I've spent the past two weeks seeing all the assorted family and friends that I've haven't seen in quite some time.

But now here we are - only 6 days left. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't scared, but I'm more excited I think at this point. I've gathered all my supplies and am currently staring at them wondering how I'm going to fit it all together, and subsequently trek it across the African desert.

I'm excited for the next couple of days, because I get to see the lovely ladies from the Planned Parenthood that I've been volunteering for. I'm taking this space to tell you this, because I cannot express how much they've taught me in the months that I've been there, as well as how much they've given to one that they have only known for so long. They are truly wonderful people and I will miss them very much. I have no doubt that the skills I have gained there will be put to use where I'm going.

There will be more to this post, don't worry - its just hard attempting to cram the past two weeks and my current antipation into coherent statements.

---

I can't wait. Less than one week.

1 comment:

Jill N said...

Have so much fun with your cousins this weekend! See you on Monday--get ready! :)