Thursday, November 22, 2007

Welcome those to our Thanksgiving cheer! Since one of my many responsibilities here is to help educate cross-culture experiences, I've decided to aid in the teaching of Thanksgiving to Africa - by means of one of my favorite meals - the Turduckin.

Now to those of you that don't know, the turduckin is a turkey, crammed into a duck, which is stuffed into a something else. I've decided that since we were somewhat underachievers in that regard, I now give you the Africa recipe.

First we start with a scorpion, cram that into a macaw, then into a snake, then into a Dik-Dik. Cram that bad boy into a chicken, and then a rooster, then an even bigger rooster! Stick all that into Eagle, then an Impala, then a Leapord, then a cheetah. Split this between two adult Lions. If theres any free space after that, cram a couple Toucan's in there. Stick both of them into a water buffalo, followed by an African Black Rhino (I know they're endangered, but they're delicious,) cram that into a Hippo, and plunge in all into a Grand African Elephant. Stick in the oven at 450 degrees for 140 hours. Deep fry for an additional 40. Garnish with 30 heads of lettuce, and a Baker's dozen worth of carrots. Should feed 6,000+ People.

Happy Gluttony Day to all. I miss America.

Now if you don't mind, I have to figure out who will clean the outhouses.

2 comments:

cromwell_the_3rd said...

"There's a girl in the backyard". Just incase you were wondering, my cousins and I watched Shaun of the Dead after thanksgiving dinner. Then the next day i made a legit cherry pie. Did you play oregon trail on those computers over there?

Kristen! said...

Nicholas! Well, your parents were over my house the other night for my dad's birthday, and oh man, it couldn't have been a bigger hoot. They were telling stories from when you were youngins and it was great...They tell me you're safe and I'm pretty sure I can tell that you're taking full advantage of the situation. I also agree with Rob when we both say that you need to install Oregon Trail on those computers, and maybe some Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?...Consider it a favor to yourself. I miss you terribly, and thank God for the internets--
Kristen