Tuesday, October 20, 2009

I have to turn my head and WHAT?

So I sat and documented and took inventory of my first aid kit. The important reason why I’m posting it, is that hopefully someone could suggest something they think would be beneficial or something important that I’m forgetting. Got it? Good. I also plan on bringing a book on first aid, as well as the U.S Army Survival manual given to me by Professor Urcuyo. Thanks! Here we go, please make comments and suggestions.

Instruments / Applications
- Latex Exam Gloves
- Surgical Tweezers
- Adhesive Tape
- Bandage Scissors
- 2 Instant Cold Compresses
- Single Use Thermometers

Bandages / Wraps
- Sterile Dressing Pads
- Trauma Pads
- Sterile Eye Pads + Patch
- Fabric Bandages
- Ace Bandage
- SteriStrip Skin Closures
- New Skin Liquid Bandage

Wound Dressing/Ointments
- Neomycin Ointment
- Equate/Neosporin Ointment w/Pain relief
- Burn Cooling Gel w Antibiotic
- Sterile Swabs
- Alcohol Prep Pads
- Athletes Foot Cream

Water Purification
- Silver Dihydrogen citrate (Chemical)
- Steri-pen (UV light)

Antibiotics + Fever reducers
- Tylenol Liqui-gels
- Extra Strength Non-Aspirin
- Doxycycline (Also my anti-malarial)
- Ciprofloxacine
- Vigamox Eye Antibiotic

Thats it. Any suggestions would be incredibly useful. Thanks Guys.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you opening a hospital??

Anonymous said...

Nope. Just being prepared. Its the same philosophy as carrying a condom.

I'd rather have one and not need it, then need it and not have it.

Cheers,
N

Anonymous said...

how about some kind of splint
~ wooden or metal poles and some cloth to tie it... incase you get a broken bone and there no branches around

Did you say you had medical tape? thats good to have always

how about some plastic and
In terms of general survival equipment, what about a whistle, portable mirror, some kind of needle and thread, a compass or a watch would due... maybe just use the sun for direction.
-rob

Anonymous said...

pretend i didnt spell do incorrectly.

and the plastic is just good to have.. no real direct application unless someones lung get punctured and you tape 3 sides to form a seal over the wound to breathe.

Unknown said...

I've seen first aid kits that come with Electrolyte tablets, but that might just be propaganda to make people think they need to drink more Gatorade . . .

Unknown said...

Hey Nick,
I don't know what kind of connections you have or what use any help I could offer would be to you since I'm an ocean away, but if you ever have any medical questions, my dad is an emergency room physician. So if you ever have any questions or procedures you may have to conduct yourself my dad will at least be able to talk you through it. Don't know if that could be of any help but I figured I would put it out there.

I'm there for ya and rootin' for you all the way!!!

Love ya,
Melissa