Tuesday, December 8, 2009

And I Must Follow, If I Can!

If you're on the Eastern sea boarder, by the time it hits midnight tonight, I'll already have begun my journey.

Early wednesday morning, Chaz and I will set out, and attempt to Hitchhike into Botswana. Our first goal will be to reach the Botswanian city of Maun, very much near the border of the Okavanga delta. if the local backpackers has internet - i'll try to get on for an update.

For those that already don't know, I've decided to write a book about this trip. Over the course of the next 5/6 months, I'll attempt to drink 100 bottles of wine, and keep the corks. I'll make a record of what i drank, how it tasted, where I was, and who i was with. We have already begun, with my last night at CCF

Bottle #1, Golden Kaan, a 2008 Pinotage Red, from South Africa. Drank at CCF with Kate, Rob, Matt, Gail, and James.

1 down, 99 more to go. The book with be titled "100 Corks to Cork," Since Cork Ireland will hopefully be the last stop.

Cheers everyone. And yes, I have a copy of my favorite adventure book with me, The Hobbit.

Lets begin.

Nick, December 8th 2009, 4:00pm local.

--------------------------------------------

"It's a dangerous business... going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." - Bilbo Baggins

No comments: